* Where Does Time Go?
You would think that having no lectures, and Monday's and Thursday's (and sometimes Wednesday depending on whether I have CS/Anatomy lecture) off that I would have SO much time on my hands. Maybe even to the point of thinking what the hell would I do with myself?
But as the weeks progress, I find myself having less and less time for anything and actually becoming quite busy.
What? Has it already been 2 months?
I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed at this moment:
Attending certain Sexual Health electives (See previous post, which I have not posted yet). And will be signing up for a Health Care Delivery Elective. Should have interesting discussions about privatization, rural medicine, blah blah.....
Committee meetings! The new exec council has been elected with its respective committee reps and members. I'm on three committees (yes, I know it's ambitious - community service, international health, interdisciplinary health) and I also got suckered into being an editor for our Placebo newsletter. Dear gosh.
Started my fam meds placement for 6 weeks. I basically follow a doctor in his clinic and I really love it. My fam doc has his own practice, but also did a year in emerg. He seems to know much about psychiatry ("What are you thinking?" lol) and volunteers his time at a nursing home (Woo Geriatrics!). He's letting me come with him next week to see what he does in the nursing home and I am really excited about that...excited to learn and meet such interesting people. It's such a perfect match! :P
Next week's schedule:
M: 9-12pm Fam Meds Placement, Tutorial prep
T: 9-12pm PC Tutorial, 1:30-4pm MF1 Tutorial
W: 9-2pm Fam Meds Placement, 3-5pm CS Preceptor meeting
R: Convocation - back in London for the day
F: 8-12pm MF1 Lecture, 1:30-4pm MF1 Tutorial
* Minus time for committee work, tutorial preparation, and time for myself
Kill me. This week is going to be hell...
Having said that, I can't complain when yesterday was a such write off. Still...definitely not wasted. It was such a pleasant day.....nice. Just beautifully nice.
As for today, the parentals are heading to Hamilton to see me.
I guess I'll see everyone next week. In the mean time, I'll be in my little Hammie Med bubble.
P.s. Is it Friday, yet?


1 Comments:
I love you dogga! :)
Thanks for making me smile...
Post a Comment
<< Home