5.20.2005

* Long Week Ending with a Long Weekend

It has been a slow week but there are a few highlights:

Tuesday I can say was the longest day ever. I returned to London for what I call a "tea ceremony" - actually an annual auxilliary meeting. It was a tea recognition, as I was a recipient for their Student Auxilliary Scholarship. Star and I arrive at the Church and walking into the hall, it was hard not to notice that we were not only the youngest, but the only asians seated with people in the very important "reserved" table. Talk about standing out.

So it's your normal ceremony with gazillions of very important speakers - fine and dandy. Half way through the ceremony, I have a heart attack due to the potential unexpected impromptu performance I would have to give. I freaked out because the Lady beside me who won the staff scholarship had prepared a speech. I am eyeing her scribbled hand writing and she whispers to me, "Let's just hope that they don't have to make us say a speech." GAHhhh! Where was the whole come-and-go deal? I could at least make a run for it...


Sure enough, when the Lady was called to the platform, she read her lovely, little blurb. Wonderful, just wonderful. So to these "pay geens," they see this asian geek who is striving to get into med school, panicking, sweating perfusely, starting with, "Errr...I don't have a speech prepared but..." I was surprised that I could still speak English.

Anyhow, besides the impromptu speech, I had a lovely time with the sweetest bunch of old people.

Random thoughts:
* The silence and stress of anticipation is deathly
* Proud to go on for a week and counting

I am and am not looking forward to the weekend. Although I will be hooking up with the girls, nothing is planned particularly. Really dreading the passing of days, as it means things just come faster. I am such a procrastinator. I really should open the box that's been sitting on the dining table for the last week and a half...kill me now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home